Do you have lots of updates that need to be made to the contact profile of existing contacts in Keela? Do you hate spending hours manually updating this? You're in the right place!
Rather than spending hours manually updating contacts in Keela, you can mass update contacts via a Contact Import.
0:00 Introduction, 1:14 Overall Process, 7:03 - Add a Tag to existing contacts, 11:04 - Update the Province/State, 14:27 - Update Single-value Custom Field (event attendance), 18:38 - Update Multi-value Custom Field (communication preference), 23:06 - Add Individual to Household and/or Company, 27:04 - Conclusion
- Export the contacts from the system.
- Using the Filters tool in Excel to find the contacts that you want to update. You can delete the rest of the contacts.
- Retain all the columns that need to be updated (in your example, tags or custom fields) and a unique identifier for the contact (ID, Full Name, Email etc). Delete the rest of the columns.
- Make the updates in your Excel sheet.
- Make sure your spreadsheet meets the data formatting requirements for a Contact Import
- Import the data into Keela.
Be sure to choose the following option for the duplicate checker. This will ensure that any multi-value fields like Tags will be ADDED to the contact and any single value fields like address, will be replaced with the new data.