What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free website application that helps webmasters analyze site traffic. Some common use cases are to determine traffic and page usage, track user numbers, identify trends in user groups, and to track digital marketing efforts.
Google Analytics can both track and report on website traffic. Here are some of it's built-in reports:
- Acquisition: Provides insight as to how do contacts reach a form and where are they coming from.
- Engagement: Outlines user engagement by events, pages, and screens.
- Monetization: Organizes revenue by items, promotions, and coupons.
- Retention: Provides insight as to retention by new and returning users, cohorts, and lifetime value.
If you are new to Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, we highly recommend establishing your knowledge within Google Analytics first.
Keela's Google Analytics Integration
Google Analytics can collect data from Keela's transactional forms (Donation Forms, Revenue Forms, and Membership Forms). This data includes engagement time, percentage of the page scrolled, whether it's someone's first visit to your form, and more
Note: Our Google Analytics integration is built on GA4 Properties, the newest version of Google Analytics. We do not integrate with the older product, Universal Analytics, as Google is set to retire this functionality in 2023.
Setting Up the Integration
1. Login to your Google Analytics account or create a new account
2. Navigate to the Admin tab
3. Optional - Create a Property (if you'd prefer to keep your Keela Form data separate from other data being collected by Google Analytics)
4. Select Data Streams
**If you are setting up a new data stream, you will need to input Keela's regional server as the URL. Depending on your organization's region, this will either be:
- usa.keela.co (United States)
- can.keela.co (Canada)
- aus.keela.co (Australia & New Zealand)
5. Click on the Data Stream and copy the Measurement ID from the top right corner
6. Add this Measurement ID in Organization Settings > Integrations > Google Analytics
Voila! Your Google Analytics is now connected to Keela's Forms! Please note that if you are using a newly created Measurement ID, it can take up to 48 hours for Google Analytics to start collecting data.
Data Mapping in Google Analytics
You can find the data collected from your Keela Forms in Google Analytics' Reports tab under Monetization > Ecommerce purchases.
This information can be found in Ecommerce purchases report in the “Item” dropdown.
Below is how we map Keela specific data metrics as Google Analytics Items:
|Item Name||Item Category||Item Category 2||Item Category 3|
A Few Notes on Google Analytics Data Collection
For the most part, Google Analytics dictates what is collected from a Keela form, however there are certain settings that you can manage directly:
- In your Data Stream Settings, there is an “Enhanced Measurement” setting. This should be toggled on to measure Page views, Scrolls and Outbound clicks.
- To collect demographics data, ensure “Google signals data collection” and “Granular location and device data collection” are toggled on in your Data Settings > Data Collection.
Are are forms compatible with Google Analytics?
All transaction forms in the Original and New Form Builder are compatible with Google Analytics.