Before you Get Started
- Don't feel like completing these steps yourself? No worries! We also provide Data Formatting and/or Data Importing as Professional Onboarding Services. You can reach out to us at email@example.com for details on all of this!
- We also provide all of our customers with a free Data Review before they import into the system - feel free to run any data spreadsheets by us before importing them into Keela!
- Not sure where to start with your spreadsheets? There is an Excel Template at the bottom of this page that is built to suit Keela's Accepted Fields.
- We recommend importing your Contacts and Membership related-Transactions prior to importing Membership Subscriptions.
|Field Name||Description of Field||Formatting Notes||Example||Required|
|Contact Type||Use this field to specify contact type.||By default, Keela will import a contact as an 'individual'. If the contact is a Company, input that here.||Company||N|
|Origin ID||Keela's unique ID for existing contacts OR an ID that you provide from a previous CRM.||Keela's Origin ID or a pre-existing Origin ID from a previous system.||NFDM8KXX4mvm2GsRP||OR Name Fields OR Origin ID|
|Full Name||The contact's full name.||Use this column only if your contact's name isn't separated into First, Middle and Last.||John Michael Smith||OR Email OR Origin ID|
|First Name||The contact's first name.||Any format accepted.||John||OR Email OR Origin ID|
|Middle Name||The contact's middle name.||Any format accepted.||Michael||OR Email OR Origin ID|
|Last Name||The contact's last name.||Any format accepted.||Smith||OR Email OR Origin ID|
|The contact's primary email address.||Any format firstname.lastname@example.org||OR Name Fields OR Origin ID|
|Company Name||Name of the Company for a Company record.||Any format accepted.||ABC Corp||N|
|Interaction Origin ID||
The interaction ID for a shared interaction.
*Learn more below
|A unique interaction ID or a pre-existing ID from a previous system.||NFDM8KXX4mvm2GsRP||N|
|The type of interaction.||Email; Mail; Phone; In-Person; Online Chat; Video Conference; Social Media; Event; Other||Event||Y|
|Interaction Date||The date the interaction took place.||See date formatting here.||2022/05/31||Y|
|Interaction Subject||The subject or title of the interaction.||Any format accepted.||Fall Appeal Request||Y|
|Interaction Description||The details of the interaction.||Any format accepted.||Chatted about our upcoming appeal.||N|
Multiple Contacts Involved in Single Interaction
If more than one contact is involved in a single interaction, you can link that interaction using the Interaction Origin ID (self-created or from a previous system). If a user is to add more than one contact to an interaction, we will still require all the required fields for each row.
This functions similarly to the "More contacts are involved in this interaction" checkbox when manually adding an interaction.
- Keela will pre-populate the interaction's 'Created by' field with the user name of the person who imported the interaction.
- It is not possible to import To-Dos or Attachments in bulk, however you can manually add these to an imported interaction once it is on Keela!
Are you ready to Import? Head over to our Importing your Data article to get the skinny on how to do this - you're almost done!