Welcome to Keela's new Subscription Forms!
We're not discontinuing our classic forms completely yet. You can still create Subscription Forms in our original style for now. If you have any pre-existing Subscription Forms, they can be managed as usual.
Keela's Forms are more dynamic than ever: including three new Form styles (Standalone, Embedded and Pop Up) and even more design layouts!
In this article, we'll be walking over the process of creating one of Keela's new forms from start to finish.
Creating your Form
- Head to the Forms tool and click "Create New" > "New Form Builder"
- Choose your Form type - Donation or Subscription Form. We'll be debuting new forms for Memberships, Custom Forms and Revenues later.
- Choose a Format!
Choosing your Form Format
Embedded Subscription Form
Choose this type of form if you want to create a form that will embedded as part of your website. You will be provided with a Master Code, Embed Button Script and a Public Link to get this form added to your website.
Pop-Up Subscription Form
Choose this form type if you want to create a form that will pop-up when you click a specific link on your website! Yiu will be provided with the Master Code, Embed Button Script and the Public Link so you can add this on your website
Stand Alone Subscription Form
Choose this form type if you want to create a form on a standalone page, which can be shared via Public Link, QR Code or Embedded Button.
Choosing the Form Layout
There are a few different layouts that you can choose from when building a Keela Subscription Form. The layouts available will depend on the Form's format (Example: Pop-Up forms have only one layout option).
You can always go back and edit your layout in the Style Tab of the Form Designer (maybe we can add more details here or even a screenshot)
After you have chosen your form type, format and layout, you can now enter the form details:
- Form Name - You can set up a name for your form.
- Campaign - You can link a Campaign to your form.
- Description - You can add a description form. This is for internal purposes only.
- Assignee - This will be the owner of your form. It will always default to the user that is creating the form. This can be changed to a different Keela user.
- Followers - Followers are those team members who can receive notifications each time a response is submitted through this form. Only users with the appropriate User Permission Levels, will be shown.
Once you've added all those details, you can clikc on Save!
You'll be brought over to the Form's "Overview Tab." No action is required here, this will just provide you with some general insights to your Form (Number of Responses, Form Status, etc). We'll cover this in more details here: Managing Keela's New Forms.
Let's jump to the second tab - "Designer". This is where you will manage all of your Form's Fields and Style Settings.
We're going to start by building out the Form Details.
This would be where you can add
This would be the page that your subscribers will get after they submit the form. You can edit the title and the body text.
You'll be able to re-direct your subscribers to a different link after they've completed the form as well. You can either turn this off or on.
Here you'll edit the page that will get to your form once your form has been closed. You can edit the text that goes in there and you can also edit the link and the link text where your contacts can go once your form has been closed.
Desktop vs. Mobile View
Now that your form is nearly complete, check out how it will look on a mobile device!
Form Publishing and Sharing
Before you can share your form, you will need to publish it. Publishing your form will not automatically share it with your Contacts. Instead, it will provide you with options to share it.
Once your form has been published, sharing options will be available in the Form Sharing section. Keep in mind, this will look different depending on which Format you have chosen (Pop-Up, Embedded or Standalone).
**If you are using an Embedded Form, make sure to input the public URL to activate the form sharing.
Updating a Form's Public Link
You can update the public link to the form by clicking the Edit button beside the current Public Link. In the pop-up, specify the unique URL. All form URL's must be unique. If you choose a URL that is already in use, you will be prompted to use another.
Toggle on Social Sharing for your Form to be shared via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter! You can even add your own Description and Cover Image for each social media platform.
Here, you can choose one or more Tags to be automatically applied to any Contact who completes this form. Some examples of Tags that you could use are: Newsletter, New Subscriber, etc.
Form Field Replacement Logic
You can link questions with specific fields on the Contacts' profiles so that the information that they provide is automatically updated if they already exist in Keela. Here's how Keela checks for duplicates for incoming Form Responses:
- Keela will use the primary email to check for a duplicate.
- If two contacts have the same email address, Keela will choose the oldest record to merge.
For these reasons, Keela provides three different options if a duplicate contact is encountered:
- Only Update Empty Fields - Your existing Contacts' information will only be updated if the field that is connected to a question or data set that contains no data.
- Always Replace - Your existing Contacts' information will always be updated by a response to a form regardless of what information is already there.
- Always Create a New Contact - Keela will not attempt to match up the form response to an existing Contact record. Instead, a new Contact record will be created for every response.
Assignee & Followers
Here you can update your assignees and followers:
Voila! You've created a brand new Subscription Form. Now that your form is published, it's time to learn how to Manage and Interact with your Published Form here: Managing Keela's New Forms.