Import Validation is an extra measure Keela takes to ensure that you're uploading clean data into the system. Keela will automatically check the first 10,000 lines of the imported CSV to ensure that the requisite data is following Keela’s formatting guidelines. If any errors are found, Keela will provide a description of the error(s) and the row(s) that were affected. Keela will display up to 20 individual errors per error code and identify which rows contain this erroneous data.
If your Import has a "Fixes Needed" Status, that means there are some errors in your data that must be corrected before you can proceed.
Here is a list of all of the error codes you might encounter during this Import Validation process.
Error Code Descriptions
- Contact Import requires at least one of the names, email or origin ID fields.
Transaction Import (Donations or Revenues)
- Transaction Import requires at least one of the names, email or origin ID fields for Donor.
- There are Donors who are labeled as Individual but have no personal names provided (First, Middle, Last or Full Names). Please provide their personal names.
Volunteer Record Import
- Volunteer Import requires at least one of the names, email or origin ID fields for Contact.
- Volunteer Import requires Activity Name.
General Import Errors (Contact, Transaction and Volunteer Record Imports)
- [Column Name] column with invalid date format.
- [Column Name] column with invalid number format. The value should contain only digit numbers.
- [Column Name] column with invalid email format. The email should be in the format of email@example.com with no white spaces.
- [Column Name] column with invalid value for Yes and No field. The value should be either of Yes, y, No, or n.
- The Individual Contacts must have personal names. If this contact is a company, please include Contact Type column and mark this as Company and leave out personal names.
- The Contacts are labeled as Company Contacts but with personal names provided (First, Middle and Last Names). Please remove the personal names.
- The Individual Contacts have a Full Name that is not matching with the provided First, Middle, Last Names and indicated Suffix.
Help! I've triple-checked my data and it's still pulling an error code!
It is possible that there is remaining conditional formatting on your spreadsheet which is being picked up by Keela's system. If you are adamant no errors exist, try copy-pasting this data to a new spreadsheet and re-importing! If this doesn't work, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for one of our Keela-experts to review.