Each Peer-to-Peer campaign has its very own donation form. This donation form will be on your Organizations Peer-to-Peer campaign Landing Page as well as your Fundraisers Individual & Team Landing Pages.
Donation Form Settings
Whether you are setting up your donation form when Creating a Peer-to-Peer Campaign or you are Making Updates to Your Campaign you will be prompted to choose from the following donation form settings.
Note: changes made to your donation form settings will automatically update across all public fundraising pages.
One-time or Recurring
Choose the payment frequency options that will be available on this form:
- One-time or Recurring - donors will be able to choose for their payment to be either a once-off payment or a recurring payment that will be charged each month moving forward.
- One-time Only - donors will only be able to make a once-off payment through this form.
- Recurring Only - donors will only be able to make a recurring payment through this form.
Organize Donation Amounts
Choose the preset payment amounts to appear on your form:
- Donation Tiers - donors can choose from a list of dollar amounts
- Impact Areas - donors can choose to contribute to your impact areas and you can customize the dollar amount tiers for each impact area
- Smart Ask - if a contact opens a Donation Form from Email Marketing sent by you, the Smart Ask option will suggest donation amounts based on the donation history in that contact's Keela profile.
Custom Visible Fields
Choose from the optional custom visible fields:
- Custom Donation Amount - provide donors with the option of specifying their own donation amount. You can even provide a brief description for this amount (ie. Give what you can)
- Anonymous Donations - provide donors with the option of making their donation anonymous (i.e. they will be hidden from the public donation feed on campaign landing pages)
- Donation Dedication - provide donors with the option of dedicating their donation to someone
- Cover Processing Fee - provide donors with the option to help your organization cover the processing fee that your payment processor (Stripe/PayPal) will charge your organization
- Cumulative Receipting - provide donors with the option of receiving a cumulative receipt or one receipt per transaction if they sign up for a recurring donation
- Individuals & Organizations - both of these entities can use your form. If an individual fills out your form, an individual contact type will be created. If an organization fills out your form, a company contact type will be created.
- Only Individuals - only individuals can fill out the form and an individual contact type will be created.
- Only Organizations - only organizations can fill out the form and a company contact type will be created.
Here you can choose which fields you want to appear on the form for contact and donors to fill in. You have the option to only 'show' the fields, or you can make them 'required' to be filled out.
Here you can add any unique questions or fields to your form for contact to fill out. For more information on adding custom fields and questions to your form, head to our article on Adding Fields or Questions to your Form.
Here, you can choose one or more Tags to be automatically applied to any Contact who completes this form.
Form Field Replacement
Here you can control how new information submitted through a form is added to an existing contact's profile. Note: Keela will look for duplicates (i.e. if the contact already exists in the system) by looking for an existing email address.
- Only Update Empty Fields - your existing contacts' information will only be updated if the field that is connected to a question contains no data.
- Always Replace - your existing contacts' information will always be updated by a response to a form regardless of what information is already there.
- Always Create a New Contact - Keela will not attempt to match up the form response to an existing Contact record. Instead, a new Contact record will be created for every response that you receive.
Donation Form Designer
After choosing your donation form settings, you also have the option to customize the design of your form. Within the designer, you will be able to:
- Update the content of your form (title & body text)
- Upload a background image
- Edit the thank you page where donors are directed after making a donation