The Actions Stage is where the real magic happens - these are the actual actions that you would like Keela to perform as your Contact moves through the workflow.
When they hit an Action Stage, Keela can fire something off - like sending an email, interacting with your team members or adding/removing some information from their profile.
The If/Else, Wait for a Trigger and Delay Next Stage will most likely lead to an Action Stage.
How to Add an Action Stage
Click on the Add a Stage button
Ensure that the Action Stage section in the sidebar is selected > Click Add
How to Choose Your Action
Once you click Add, you'll be taken to an Action screen that lets you customize whatever action you chose. This screen will be different depending on the Action that you selected - we've included an explanation of each below.
You'll be taken to an Email Content screen that works just like our Email Marketing builder.
1. Remove - Delete this entire Action Stage from your workflow
2. Send Test to Myself - Send a copy of the email to your inbox to see how it looks
3. From / Edit Sender - Choose an email address from your organization that you would like the Email Marketing to be sent from. The email address must belong to an existing team member in Keela. You can also choose the name that you would like the Email Marketing to be sent from - this doesn't need to match the Sender Email you've used.
4. Reply To - Choose team members from the drop-down list that you would like to add as "Followers" to the email. These team members will also receive any replies to the email in their Keela inbox, similar to the Assignee.
5. Subject - Add the Subject line that you would like to appear as the name of the email in your recipients' inboxes. The Preview Text is a short summary that immediately follows the subject line when viewed in an inbox and is an optional addition.
6. Attachments - Want to attach a PDF document or image to your email? Add and edit attachments here. Important Note: the max file size limit is 25 MB in total - otherwise the attachments will not send.
7. Content - Click here to add and edit the content of your email. You can choose from Keela's premade templates or build your own email from scratch!
When you're happy with how your email looks, click on the Workflow breadcrumb to head back!
If you'd like to make further edits to your Email or Remove it, click on the Send Email Action stage for it in your workflow
This option lets you choose team members at your organization who should be notified when a Contact reaches this step.
Tip: Users will receive Notifications in the Keela app by default. If they'd like to receive email notifications, they can adjust this in their Personal Notifications.
1. Subject - Give the notification a Subject that your team members will recognize.
2. Users - Choose the team member/s who should receive notifications when a Contact passes this stage of the workflow.
This option lets you request that a To-Do be added to you or a team member when a Contact passes this stage of the workflow.
1. To-Do - Choose a subject line for your To-Do that your team members will recognize.
2. Details - Enter a description of what action the team member responsible for this To-Do needs to perform.
3. Due Date - Choose how many days the user has to complete this To-Do. The time will begin when the To-Do is triggered by a Contact moving to this stage of the workflow.
4. Assignee - Choose the team member who will be responsible for the To-Dos triggered whenever Contacts move through this workflow.
5. Attachments - Upload any attachments, documents or images that are relevant to the To-Do.
This option lets you choose for Keela to automatically add or remove a Tag/s from the profile of any Contact that passes through this stage in your workflow.
1. Action - Choose whether or not you would like Keela to Add or Remove the below Tag/s
2. Tags - Choose one or more Tags that you would like to be added or removed, based on the Action that you chose in the above option.
This option lets you choose for Keela to automatically add values to some fields on a Contact's profile when that Contact passes through this stage in your workflow.
1. Priority- Choose for Keela to update the Contact's Priority field with High, Medium or Low
2. Assignee - Choose for Keela to update a team member as the person responsible for this Contact.
3. Tags - Choose for Keela to add one or more Tags to the Contact's profile.
4. Notes - Choose for Keela to update the Notes field on the Contact's profile with a specific value.
If you've finished adding your Stages and you'd like to see what the next step is, check out our Making Changes on the Settings Tab article.