Once you've purchased the Automation feature in your Keela account, you'll be able to set up as many intricate workflows as you like.
Want to see the Automations tool in action?
Or, check out our Carelabs Automation webinar here.
Create a Workflow
In this article, I'll be using the New Contact Added workflow as an example. This workflow lets you pick specific events that can occur after a new contact is added to your Keela account.
To begin, click on Automations in the sidebar > Click Create Automation
Fill in some details for your automation > Click Save
- Name - This is the internal name that you and your team members will use to locate and manage the workflow
- Assignee - Who will be responsible for this automation? This will default to the creator.
Set up your Starting Point
First things first, you'll need to choose where this workflow is going to begin from a list of starting points.
Tip: You can choose more than one starting point from the list!
Click the Choose a Starting Point button
Click Add beside the starting point that you would like to begin with
1. All Starting Conditions - This list displays all of the starting points that are available, combined into a single list
2. Contacts/Transactions/Emails - Here, we've split up the starting points into different categories to help with navigation if you know exactly what you're looking for.
3. Starting Point - Each starting point has a Title and a small definition to give you an idea of how it works.
4. Add Button - Click on the purple Add button to add one or more starting points to your workflow.
Specify your Entry Points
Once you've chosen a starting point, you'll be able to further specify entry points within it. This lets you be a little bit more flexible about the exact event that will enter your Contact into the workflow.
Let's take a deeper look at the Entry Points available for the New Contact Added Starting Point:
1. Manually Logged In-app - IF a new Contact is manually logged by you or a team member in your Keela account THEN this workflow will be triggered.
2. Donation Forms - IF a new Contact submits a donation through any Keela Donation Form for the first time, THEN this workflow will be triggered when a new profile is added for them in Keela automatically.
3. Revenue Forms - IF a new Contact submits a revenue payment through any Keela Revenue Form for the first time, THEN this workflow will be triggered when a new profile is added for them in Keela automatically.
4. Membership Forms - IF a new Contact submits a membership payment through any Keela Membership Form for the first time, THEN this workflow will be triggered when a new profile is added for them in Keela automatically.
5. Subscription Forms - IF a new Contact subscribes through any Keela Subscription Form for the first time, THEN this workflow will be triggered when a new profile is added for them automatically.
6. Custom Forms - IF a new Contact submits a response through any Keela Custom Form for the first time, THEN this workflow will be triggered when a new profile is added for them in Keela automatically.
7. Specific Form - IF a new Contact submits a response through the specific forms that you've chosen here, THEN the workflow will be triggered when a new profile is added for them in Keela automatically.
Hint: If you're not sure, it's better to be specific (#7) and choose one or two forms rather than all of the forms for a single Type (ie. All Custom Forms).
Add Filters to your Starting Point (optional)
Once you've chosen your entry point, you can apply additional filters to narrow down the list of Contacts that are entered into this Workflow even further. This is a completely optional addition that let's you have even more flexibility.
Click Add Filters
Tick the Match contacts with filters check box > Choose your filter condition > Choose your Filters > Click Save
1. Match contacts with filters - You must check this box to enable the Filters tool
2. Filter Condition - Choose whether your Contacts should match ALL (every filter) of your filters or just ANY (at least one)
3. Add a new filter - The filter tool here works in the same that it does in all other areas of Keela. Learn more here.
Now that you've created your workflow and established exactly when your Contacts are going to be entered into it, it's time to start adding Stages to it!