Step 1 - Gather your Data Spreadsheets together
- Assemble all your data in spreadsheets
- Combine your Data Types into single Excel spreadsheets wherever possible
- I.e. Contacts/People/Individuals/Organizations go together as Contact Data
- Donations Transactions go together as Donation Data
- All non-donation transactions (e.g. grants, membership fees) go together as Revenue Data
- Ensure that all of the data in your spreadsheets is correct
- E.g. Names, amounts, phone numbers, etc.
- Ensure that all of the information that you need to be imported into your Keela account is included
Step 2 - Format Your Data
Please ensure that you have formatted your data spreadsheets correctly. We have very detailed Knowledge Base Articles (with training videos included!) that talk through the process of formatting your data so it can be perfectly mapped in Keela. Head to each of these for instructions on how to complete this step:
- Introduction to the Import Data Process
- Formatting Your Contact Data Spreadsheets
- Formatting Your Donation Data Spreadsheets
- Formatting Your Revenue Data Spreadsheets
- Formatting Your Volunteer Data Spreadsheets
We'd be happy to do a free data review for you! Send through your spreadsheets after you've finished formatting them and we'll provide some final tips.
Step 3 - Send us the Data
Once you've completed the formatting, send through your Data Spreadsheets in Excel Format to email@example.com before your Professional Services Start Date.
Tip: If you'd like to upload your spreadsheets to a DropBox Folder, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll provide you with a link.
Step 4 - We'll Import Your Data
We will import your data into the Keela system and let you know when it is complete.