Why is this happening?
Have you received a notification from Gmail at the bottom of your Email Marketing that says "[Message clipped]"? If so, your email has likely exceeded Gmail's preferred email size of up to 102KB. When your email is too large, Gmail will clip the email and provide the recipient the option to expand to the full email content by clicking that option at the bottom of the email.
Keela Email Marketing contains several content blocks of HTML code that are added to assist in ensuring that the position and formatting of Keela's Email Marketing content remain in place and consistent across all email providers. We have noticed with Gmail's size limitations, some of the Email Marketing content may be 'clipped' if it exceeds this limit.
Try the following recommendations to prevent Gmail from clipping your Email Marketing:
- Limit the number of rows you add to your Email Marketing; we recommend 1 in the header, 1 in the footer, and 5 in the body. Note that this is not a guaranteed solution as it depends on the size of the elements inside the rows.
- Avoid repeating elements or text that give the same information.
- Avoid large chunks of text. Instead, use a "Read More" link to redirect the user to a page on your website where additional information can be found.
- Whenever possible, use an Image Card Content Block instead of using Image and Text elements separately.
- Images don't increase the size of the message because images are always retrieved from a link.