You've just completed the migration journey from Keela 1.0 to 2.0! Congratulations and welcome!
We're so excited to have you here and want you to explore the new system to find all the new goodies but first (like any good things in life), there are a few housekeeping items we need to go over.
IMPORTANT: The migration isn't over yet! Please ensure to complete the migration checklist (below) as soon as possible, to ensure your account is set up and ready to go in the new system.
Resources and Training
As with the previous system, all our support, training and resources are provided in an online format. It's still the friendly "faces" you're used to, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time at email@example.com as you're getting used to the system. We love to help!
- 2.0 Help Center - We've created a brand new Help Center to help you navigate the new system. Best of all, we've moved all the videos that were in the Keela Academy to a section in the Help Center to make them more accessible to everyone!
- 2.0 Training Videos - Here's the full list of training videos on the Help Center. We recommend starting with Navigating the Keela System
Speaking of training, here's a video to help you and your team navigate the system and understand some of the differences between the two systems. We recommend watching this overview first and then if you'd like to dive in a bit more about a specific feature, visit the 2.0 Training Videos.
Settings 6:30; Contacts 10:00; Fundraising 18:00; Impact Areas 23:00; Campaigns 24:00; Forms 26:00; E-blasts 30:00; Membership 32:00; Reports 34:20
More information can be found in Before You Migrate Checklist.
- Access to 1.0 will be (view only) - you can switch back and forth between the systems to double-check information but do not make changes to data in the old system once you've migrated.
- Organizations will be converted to Company Records
- There are new permission levels
- Contacts may only connect to one Household
- E-Blast Statistics from the previous system will no longer be updated on Sent emails
- More features are on the way!
Your Migration Checklist
Please ensure to complete the migration checklist (below) as soon as possible, to ensure your account is set up and ready to go in the new system.
Review your data!
|Review Contacts, Donations, Revenues, Memberships and Volunteer Activities to make sure you're comfortable with your data in the new system|
Review your Receipt!
|If a signee was removed in the previous system and not replaced, we will use the last signee on record (even if deleted). Please double check your receipts to ensure you have the correct signee.||You can check your receipt preview in Receipts & Emails Settings|
|Verify Integrations||Stripe, PayPal and EventBrite should remain connected||
If these integrations are not connected, please contact us
|Reconnect Integrations||Re-connect relevant integrations||
SendGrid (MX and CName settings will need to be updated)
Mailchimp (don't forget to complete the step in this article to sync your tags!)
|Review Receipt Settings||Make sure everything came over properly and use new customization options||Receipt Settings|
|Check Your Forms||Ensure all published forms are working as expected
Bonus: Update your form links with the updated ones in Form Settings. You'll need to do this eventually so check off your list now
|Sharing your Form|
|Check Email Settings||Check BCC, FWD codes||BCC/FWD Emails|
|Update Personal Notifications||If you want to receive notifications In-App and via Email, make sure these options are toggled on.||Personal Notifications|
|Organize Custom Fields||Check out the new customization options||Custom Fields|
|Create Reports||You'll need to create all your Smart Lists in our new Reporting tool||Reports|
|Update Email Subscription Statuses||As mentioned in Before You Migrate, we've made some changes to how Subscription Statuses work!||How to View and Filter Subscription Statuses|
|Convert Your Tags to A Segment for E-blasts||We've updated how E-blast Recipients work to allow for more flexibility! If you have any Tags that you frequently send E-blast to, we recommend taking a few minutes to convert them into Segments||How to Create a Segment Using a Tag Filter|
We've made a number of changes and enhancements to the new system which we've shared in our video but here are a few important one's you should be aware of.
- All membership payments can now be tracked and reported on. They have been added to your account automatically as Revenue payments.
- If you want to use any of the new memberships features, you'll need to create new memberships in 2.0.
- When you migrate to the new system your existing forms will not be interrupted BUT we do recommend replacing your links/codes with the updated links in 2.0 for increased performance. We will eventually discontinue the old form links but will provide lots of notice so you can update your link/codes if you don't do so immediately after migration.
- If you want to use any of the new form features, you'll need to create new forms in 2.0.
- Project Discussions will no longer be supported in the new system but you'll be able to continue the discussion within your Project Tasks
Google Chrome Extension
We have discontinued the Google Chrome extension to make way for the new BCC/FWD feature, also available in the previous system. This provides all customers, regardless of their email provider, to properly track their emails in Keela.
How do I create my Smartlists in 2.0?
Remember in the Before you Migrate Checklist that we mentioned Smartlists will need to be re-created in the 2.0 system as reports? Here is a list of the most requested reports in Keela to help you get started - Frequently Requested Reports
A feature is no longer available in 2.0. Where did it go?
Check here first, to see if it's on our list of features still being worked on. If it's not included on that list and you think it's missing in the new system, please reach out and we can verify if it's something we will be including in the new system.