Best Practice Recommendations for Receipts
Here at Keela, our best practice recommendation for receiving donations and revenues and issuing receipts is to set up a Keela Donation Form or a Keela Revenue Form. These forms can be published on your website and used to collect online donations and revenues.
The best part? All donations and revenues that are received through a Keela Forms automatically have their receipts issued. That's right! You don't have to do a thing! Donation and Revenue receipts will be emailed to your contact straight away or at the end of the year in the form of a cumulative/total receipt (if they chose this option).
The Keela Forms are for online donations and revenue payments, but what about those donations that are received via cash or cheque? These are the exceptions! They will need to be manually logged in your Keela account and then a receipt can be issued straight from the contact's profile.
Summary of Receipt Creation in Keela
Here is a list of all the ways a Donation receipt can be created in Keela!
- One-time Donation received via Keela Donation Form - A receipt will automatically be issued and emailed to the donor
- Recurring Donation received via Keela Donation Form - The contact will be presented with two choices on the donation form.
- "Send me a single receipt for each transaction" - A receipt will automatically be issued and emailed to the donor on a monthly basis
- "Send me an annual cumulative receipt at the end of the year" - A cumulative receipt will automatically be issued to the donor at the end of the year
- One-time Donation manually logged or imported to the Keela system - The receipt will need to be manually issued by the Keela user. There are two options:
- Manually Create a Receipt for a Single Donation
- Manually Create a Cumulative Receipt for Multiple Donations
- Use the Bulk Receipting tool to issue all outstanding issues receipts (coming soon!)
- Recurring Donation manually logged or imported to the Keela system - The user will be presented with three choices when logging the donation.
- "Create a single receipt for each transaction" - A receipt will automatically be issued and emailed to the donor on a billing cycle confirmed.
- "Create an annual cumulative receipt at the end of the year" - A cumulative receipt will automatically be issued to the donor at the end of the year by Keela.
- "Do not create automated receipts" - no receipts will be issued automatically by Keela.
Want to adjust your receipt and email settings?
What to learn more about donation receipts?
What to learn more about revenue receipts?