How to Log a Receipt for Multiple Revenues
Important Note - a cumulative/total receipt can only be issued if the following conditions are met:
- All of the revenues were made by a single Contact
- All of the revenues were made in a single calendar year
- None of the revenues have had a receipt produced for them already
(1) Click on Contacts in the sidebar > Click on the name of the Contact that you would like to log a cumulative receipt for > Click on the Fundraising tab > Select Transactions
Tick the select boxes of the revenues that you would like to include in your cumulative receipt > Click the Actions button > Click Generate Cumulative Receipt
(5) Ensure that the Name, Full Address, and Email Address (if applicable) of the Contact are correct. If you have an email address listed and would like to automatically send a copy of this receipt to the Contact, ensure that the "Send a receipt..." tick box is selected > Click Save
Note: As per best practices recommendations, a Mailing Address must be included on your receipt
How to Access a Receipt
Once you've created a receipt, you can access it at any point by clicking on the Receipt hyperlink on the revenue record. The system will automatically show you a Preview of the Receipt. To download a copy of the receipt to your computer, click the purple Download button.
Having Trouble Issuing a Cumulative Receipt?
The Keela system is set up to ensure that your receipt is done correctly and compliantly. One of the ways that it helps is automatically preventing you from creating a cumulative receipt that is not considered compliant.
One or more of the Revenues you selected already has a receipt
If one or more of the revenues that you have selected already has/have receipts connected to their records you will not be able to produce a cumulative receipt. This is because it is not compliant for a revenue to have more than one valid receipts.
Note: The following error message will appear in the top-right hand corner of your screen if you attempt to do this in Keela: [One or more transactions already have receipts]
If you would like to issue a cumulative receipt in this scenario, you will first need to cancel any active receipts that are linked to the revenue records.