For any revenues not received via a Keela Revenue Form, you can use the Fundraising feature in Keela to log a recurring revenue, process payments, and issue receipts.
A few examples of recurring revenues that you may want to log in Keela:
- You are moving from another platform and would like to log the recurring revenue in Keela going forward
- A contact calls with their credit card details and you need to process the payment and log the recurring revenue on their behalf
Need to log a single revenue? Not to worry, check out Log a Revenue Payment!
How to Log a Recurring Revenue
You can start a recurring revenue log via the Contact Profile or Fundraising menu:
(1) From the Contact Profile
Select the Contact from your Contact Screen > Select the Fundraising Tab and Scheduled Recurring.
If you've logged recurring revenues for this contact previously, you'll see a list of all transactions for that contact. Click Create New and Recurring Revenue at the top right of the summary.
If no recurring revenues were logged previously, the Add Recurring Revenue button will be in the middle of the screen as below:
(2) From the Fundraising menu
Select Fundraising in the left menu > click Scheduled Recurring > Create New > Other Recurring Revenue
Whether you choose to start the recurring revenue from the contact profile or the fundraising tab, a form will appear to add your recurring revenue info:
- Contact - The recurring revenue contact's name (this field will only appear when scheduling a recurring revenue from the Fundraising tab in the sidebar rather than the contacts profile).
- Category - Grant, Sponsorship, Purchase, or Other
- Was the transaction converted from a different currency? - Check if yes. More details on accepting revenues in a foreign currency here.
- Total Amount - The value of the revenue received
- Repeat Every - This outlines the frequency of the revenue (ex. every 1 year or every 2 months)
- On the (Date/Day) - This outlines the schedule the transaction will be processed on
- Campaign - If the revenue was made in response to or in connection with a campaign, select the campaign.
- Impact Area - If the contact made a revenue towards any Impact Areas, select the impact area.
- Soft Credit - If the contact who made the revenue contributed in response to the efforts or influence of someone else, you can soft credit the revenue to a contact in Keela, to acknowledge their role in the revenue.
- Source - Select a source if the contact who made the revenue came from a certain source (e.g. online via Keela, a corporation, from a fundraiser, etc.).
- Keywords - Any keyword related to the revenue for reporting.
- Dedication - Who this recurring revenue is in dedication to.
- Notes - Additional notes for the revenue.
- Confirmation Email - Check this box if you want the contact to be sent a confirmation email that a recurring donation has been created for them.
- Receipt Options - Here you can indicate how you'd like to receipt this transaction.
- Full Name - Input the name of the contact as you'd like it to be receipted. If you are logging this transaction within a contact profile, this will be auto-filled.
- Full Address - Indicate the address of the contact for receipting. If you are logging this transaction within a contact profile, this will be auto-filled.
- Email Address - This will only be an option if you are sending the receipt via email. Be aware that the email indicated here, will automatically update the contact's primary email address.
Here you can indicate the payment method. For transactions you want to process through Keela, you can choose Online via KeelaPay, Online via Stripe or Online via PayPal. You will then be prompted to indicate the payment information. All other payment methods refer to offline payments.
Your recurring revenue has now been logged! Congrats!