We've spent lots of time in the Help Centre talking about how you can use Keela Forms to accept online payments and automatically log them in your Keela account.
But what about those payments that aren't received online or via a credit card? Not to worry - these can be logged directly into your Keela system. You can use Keela's Fundraising tool to log a revenue payment, process a payment and even issue transaction receipts!
A few examples of revenue payments that you may want to log in Keela:
- Purchases received via cheque or cash
- If you have a payees credit card information and want to process a payment on their behalf
- You received a grant through another system like your bank account and would like to record it in Keela
Need to log a recurring revenue payment? Head on over to Log a Recurring Revenue Payment.
How to Log a Revenue Payment
There are two different places in the Keela system that you can log a new revenue payment from.
(1) From within the Contact's Profile
Navigate to the Contact's profile > Click on the Fundraising Tab> Choose Transactions.
If you've logged donations or revenue payments for this contact previously, you'll see a list of all transactions for that contact.
Click Create New > Click Revenue Transaction
Note: If you haven't logged any transactions on this Contact's profile yet, click on the purple Create New button in the middle of the screen.
(2) From within the Fundraising section of Keela
Click Fundraising in the Sidebar > Click on the Transactions tab > Click Create New > Select Revenue Transaction
(2) Create a Revenue Transaction
A pop-up window will appear that will allow you to enter information regarding your revenue payment.
- Contact - If logging from the Transaction Tab, you will be prompted to input a Contact.
- Category - Grant, Sponsorship, Membership, Purchase or Other.
- Was the transaction converted from a different currency? - Check if yes. More details on accepting transactions in a foreign currency here.
- Total Amount - The value of the revenue received.
- Date Received - When the revenue was received by your organization (this date will be used for receipting)
- Pledge - If this revenue is towards an existing Pledge, you link the Pledge here!
- Campaign - If the revenue was made in response to or in connection with a Campaign, select the Campaign.
- Impact Area - If the contact made a revenue towards any Impact Areas, select the Impact Area.
- Source - Select a source if the contact who made the revenue came from a certain source (e.g. online via Keela, a corporation, from a fundraiser, etc.).
- Keywords - Any keyword related to the revenue for reporting.
- Dedication - If the revenue dedicated to someone, you can add their name here.
- Notes - Additional notes for the Revenue.
- Soft Credit - If the contact who made the revenue contributed in response to the efforts or influence of someone else, you can soft credit the revenue to other contacts, to acknowledge their role in the revenue.
- Receipt Options - Here you can indicate how you'd like to receipt this transaction. To learn more, check out this Knowledge Base article: Receipting Options.
- Receipt Full Name - Input the name of the donor as you'd like it to be receipted. If you are logging this transaction within a contact profile, this will be auto-filled.
- Receipt Full Address - Indicate the address of the donor for receipting. If you are logging this transaction within a contact profile, this will be auto-filled.
- Email Address - This will only be an option if you are sending the receipt via email. Be aware that the email indicated here, will automatically update the contact's primary email address.
Here you can indicate the payment method. For transactions you want to process through Keela, you can choose Online via KeelaPay, Online via Stripe or Online via PayPal. You will then be prompted to indicate the payment information. All other payment methods refer to offline payments.
Note: You must Integrate a Payment Processor before processing payments in Keela.
Click Save to create the revenue record in Keela. You're done!