In Keela, Campaign is used to describe any type of event, fundraiser, or once-off program that your Organization runs throughout the year. The Campaigns feature is dynamic and allows you to create new Campaigns, set fundraising goals, and keep track of Donations, Revenues, and Volunteering hours related to the Campaign. The Campaigns feature also has an Email Marketing Tab and Forms Tab that allow you to call out for Donations, Revenues, and Volunteers for specific Campaigns. Keela will automatically input and total the funds and Volunteering hours for each Campaign to provide reportable totals and allow you to track how your Campaign is doing!
What are some examples of a Campaign?
There are so many different types of Campaigns that can be set up in your Keela account. Here are some examples of the most common ones that we've seen to give you an idea of the possibilities!
Fundraising Campaigns (Donations)
These are fundraising campaigns that your Organization might create to encourage your Contacts to donate money and gifts. Any payments received will be provided with an official donation receipt.
- Giving Tuesday - Donate for Giving Tuesday!
- Christmas - Donate funds, canned goods or presents for those in need.
- Mother's or Father's Day - Celebrate an important person in your life by donating on their behalf.
- Walk-a-thon - Donate to our organization's walk-a-thon and help us reach our goal!
Fundraising Campaigns (Revenues)
These are fundraising campaigns that your Organization might create to encourage your Contacts to give funds or gifts. These payments would not be considered donations and only a transaction receipt would be provided (not an official donation receipt).
- Event tickets - Come along to our Annual Gala!
- Silent Auction payments - Come and bid on goods and services generously donated by the public.
- Purchases - Buy our T-shirts to show your support!
Volunteer Campaigns are useful when your Organization runs events or programs that call for Volunteers to contribute their time towards a specific cause.
- Annual Park Clean-Up - Help us clean up the local park.
- Christmas Cook Out - Please come help us cook and serve a Christmas Dinner to those who need it.
- School Working Bee - Help us tear down the old playground and put up a new one!
Ultimately, your Organization will know what kind of fundraisers, events or programs that will work best for you.
Now that you've got a basic understanding of what a Campaign is, head over to our Campaign Overview article to see how to create Campaigns in Keela.