MailChimp is a web-based email marketing service, that allows you to design email newsletters, integrate with services you might already use, as well as track your results.
Keela has its own, free, in-built mass emailing tool that you can use to keep in contact with your members, donors, volunteers and more! However, it might be that you're already using MailChimp and your comfy with this system, we've got you covered!
How Keela Integrates with Mailchimp
- Sync Campaigns from Mailchimp and their Statistics
- Sync contacts between Mailchimp and Keela
- Sync CRM data such as Email, Subscription status and more!
What Data is Shared - Initial Sync
- You will specify the contacts that should be created and/or synced in Keela by selecting Tags from a Mailchimp Audience. The following will happen to those subscribed Mailchimp contacts under that Tag in Keela:
- If a contact doesn't already exist in Keela - The contact will be created in Keela
- If a contact already exists in Keela - That contact will be synced with Mailchimp going forward and the Mailchimp subscription status will override Keela's.
- Note - We will check for matches in the system based on Primary Email Address. Contact names will not be considered when checking for a match.
- By default, Keela will sync Subscription Status, Email and Full Name information. Additional fields can be chosen for sync during setup.
- Sent Campaigns in Mailchimp will be imported to Keela (note these Campaigns are not compatible with the Email Marketing tool in Keela. This is for reference only)
What Data is Shared - After Initial Sync
Note that all contacts must be included in your synced Tags!
|Campaigns and associated statistics||Mailchimp Campaigns (under Sync History)*|
|Subscription Status||Subscription Status|
|Full Name||Full Name|
|Email Address||Email Address|
|Other Mapped Fields||Other Mapped Fields|
|New Contact added to Synced Tag||Create New Contact OR Synced to Existing|
|Create New Contact OR Synced to Existing||New Contact added to Mailchimp Tag|
|Contact Deleted in Mailchimp||Subscription status for contact will be updated to 'opted-out'|
|Contact Archived in Mailchimp||Subscription status for contact will be updated to 'opted-out'|
*Campaigns will only be included in the Integration Settings for future reference. They will not be linked to individual contacts.
Ready to integrate? Awesome! Head over to How to set up the MailChimp integration to get started!
Can I link more than one Keela account to a single instance of Mailchimp?
Sorry, at this time you cannot integrate more than one Keela account with a single Mailchimp account.
What happens when I disconnect Mailchimp from my account?
All contacts and Mailchimp tags will remain in your account. Only the sync will be removed.