For any donations not received via a Keela Donation Form, you can manually log these transactions in Keela!.
A few examples of recurring donations that you may want to log in Keela:
- You are moving from another platform and would like to log the recurring donation in Keela going forward
- A donor calls with their credit card details and you need to process the payment and log a recurring donation on their behalf
Need to log a single donation? Check out Log a Donation!
How to Log a Recurring Donation
You can start a recurring donation log via the Contact Profile or Fundraising menu:
From the Contact Profile
Select the Donor from your Contact Screen > Select the Fundraising Tab and Scheduled Recurring.
If you've logged recurring donations for this contact previously, you'll see a list of all transactions for that contact. Click Create New and Recurring Donation at the top right of the summary.
If no recurring donations were logged previously, the Add Recurring Donation button will be in the middle of the screen as below:
From the Fundraising Menu
Select Fundraising in the left menu > click Scheduled Recurring > Create New > Recurring Donation
Whether you choose to start the recurring donation from the contact profile or the fundraising tab, a form will appear to add your recurring donation info. See the next section below.
Filling out Donation Information
When you create a new recurring donation, you will be presented with a pop-up to fill in all of the necessary fields.
- Contact - The recurring donor's contact name (this field will only appear when scheduling a recurring donation from the Fundraising tab in the sidebar rather than the contacts profile).
- Gift Type - Money, In-Kind, or Securities. Note: the available 'Gift-Types' depends on the status of your organization in your country (e.g Registered Charity).
- Was the transaction converted from a different currency? - Check if yes. More details on accepting donations in a foreign currency here.
- Total Amount of Gift - The value of the donation received
- Repeat Every - The frequency of the donation (ie. every 1 year or every 2 months).
- On the (Date/Day) - The recurring date or Day that you would like to schedule this transaction for.
- Did the Donor receive an Advantage? - Check if yes. More details on Advantages/Benefits here.
- Campaign - If the donation was made in response to or in connection with a campaign, select the campaign.
- Impact Area - If the contact made a donation towards any Impact Areas, select the impact area.
- Soft Credit - If the contact who made the donation contributed in response to the efforts or influence of someone else, you can soft credit the donation to a contact in Keela, to acknowledge their role in the donation.
- Source - Select a source if the contact who made the donation came from a certain source (e.g. online via Keela, a corporation, from a fundraiser, etc.).
- Keywords - Any keyword related to the donation for reporting.
- Dedication - Who this donation is dedicated to.
- Notes - Additional notes for the donation.
- Confirmation Email - Check this box if you want the donor to be sent a confirmation email that a recurring donation has been created..
- Receipt Options - Here you can indicate how you'd like to receipt this transaction.
- Full Name of Donor - Input the name of the donor as you'd like it to be receipted. If you are logging this transaction within a contact profile, this will be auto-filled.
- Full Address of Donor - Indicate the address of the donor for receipting. If you are logging this transaction within a contact profile, this will be auto-filled.
- Email Address - This will only be an option if you are sending the receipt via email. Be aware that the email indicated here, will automatically update the contact's primary email address.
Here you can indicate the payment method. For transactions you want to process through Keela, you can choose Onlinee via KeelaPay, Online via Stripe or Online via PayPal. You will then be prompted to indicate the payment information. All other payment methods refer to offline payments.
Your recurring donation has now been logged! Congrats!