When it comes to choosing which payment processor to use with Keela, our first recommendation is definitely KeelaPay! This is Keela's payment processor and it integrates directly with the system ensuring that you're able to travel back and forth seamlessly to view your data.
However, you might already have a Stripe or PayPal account that you're happy to continue using. We want to make sure that you have all of the tools that you need to connect these to your Keela account!
You can use your Stripe or PayPal account to collect online payments for donations, revenues and memberships using PayPal and/or Stripe. Once a payment processor has been integrated, any payments submitted through a Keela Form will be automatically logged in Keela and a receipt sent to the contact.
I'm ready to connect my PayPal or Stripe account with Keela?
Great, here are the links on how to integrate both PayPal and Stripe!
Does Keela have any other payment processors besides PayPal and Stripe?
Yes! It's called Keela Pay and it's definitely our recommendation when choosing a payment processor. learn more about it and the extra benefits that it provides here.
Can I connect both a PayPal, Stripe and Keela Pay account?
Yes! The more the merrier.
Can I connect more than one PayPal account or more than one Stripe account?
No. Only one account can be connected per payment processor.
What happens if I disconnect Stripe or PayPal from Keela?
When you 'disconnect' a payment processor, it breaks the link between any recurring transactions that have been processed through that payment processor. As a result, the payment for recurring donations would continue in your payment processor but would not notify Keela that a payment was made; in turn, the recurring series in Keela would be automatically canceled. If you would like to continue this recurring series you would either have to:
- Re-log a recurring donation in Keela without payment to track the existing recurring series taking place in your payment processor.
- Cancel the previous recurring transaction in your payment processor and re-log a new recurring donation with payment information once you reconnect your payment processor.
What will the PayPal and Stripe payment options look like on a Keela form?
Payment processor buttons sit towards the bottom of Keela forms that offer payment options (Donation, Revenue, Membership Forms).
- If you have Stripe as your payment processor, contacts will see a 'Credit Card' button.
- If you have PayPal as a payment processor, contacts will see a 'PayPal' button. When this button is clicked, contacts will be prompted to either 1) sign into PayPal to pay via their account 2) pay via credit card without login into a PayPal account.
- If you have both payment processors set up, contacts will see both options.