Collect online payments for donations, revenues and memberships using PayPal and/or Stripe. Once a payment processor has been integrated, any payments submitted through a Keela Form will be automatically logged in Keela and a receipt sent to the contact.
Comparing PayPal and Stripe
We’ve selected two of the most popular payment processors to integrate with and both have a special non-profit rate, but ultimately your choice will depend on what makes the most sense for your organization. Some organizations even prefer to use both!
On the Keela side of things, here is the functionality that we can offer for each payment processor:
|One-time payment||Ongoing Payments||Memberships|
I've selected a processor and am ready to connect!
Great, here are the links on how to integrate both PayPal and Stripe!
Does Keela have any other payment processors besides PayPal and Stripe?
At the moment, Keela has integration with PayPal and Stripe. We are looking into more options, so stay tuned!
Can I connect both a PayPal and Stripe account?
Can I connect more than one PayPal account or more than one Stripe account?
You can only connect one account per payment processor.
What happens if I disconnect Stripe or PayPal from Keela?
When you 'disconnect' a payment processor, it breaks the link between any recurring transactions that have been processed through that payment processor. As a result, the payment for recurring donations would continue in your payment processor but would not notify Keela that a payment was made; in turn, the recurring series in Keela would be automatically canceled. If you would like to continue this recurring series you would either have to:
- Re-log a recurring donation in Keela without payment to track the existing recurring series taking place in your payment processor.
- Cancel the previous recurring transaction in your payment processor and re-log a new recurring donation with payment information once you reconnect your payment processor.
What will the PayPal and Stripe payment options look like on a Keela form?
Payment processor buttons sit towards the bottom of Keela forms that offer payment options (Donation, Revenue, Membership Forms).
- If you have Stripe as your payment processor, contacts will see a 'Credit Card' button.
- If you have PayPal as a payment processor, contacts will see a 'PayPal' button. When this button is clicked, contacts will be prompted to either 1) sign into PayPal to pay via their account 2) pay via credit card without login into a PayPal account.
- If you have both payment processors set up, contacts will see both options.