We know that a project involves many steps along the way, so we've made it easy to break down your project into easily manageable tasks.
Our Tasks tool lets you create and manage project tasks, set deadlines and priority levels, and assign team members and followers to each task that you create. When you use these tools, you can stay organized through every step of your project and never miss a step again!
Create a Task in a Project
Choose Project on the left-hand menu > Select the Project > Click "Add Task"
Complete the fields in the information form:
- Name - Name of your task
- Description - Details of the task that would be relevant to your team
- Due Date - Deadline for your task
- Notification - If you would like a reminder prior to the Due Date
- Priority - How important is this task to the completing of the project
- Assignee - User responsible for completing the task. By default, when you create a new task, you are set as the 'Assignee', but you can select other people from the drop-down list.
- Follower - Users who will be contributing to and collaborating on the task. They may be an interested party who may want to stay up to date about a particular task but is not directly responsible for completing the task itself. You can have an unlimited number of followers on a single task.
Remember: notifications in personal settings are important here!
Tip: Don't have an Assignee or any Followers in mind? You can create an unassigned and unfollowed task. Simply leave the fields blank and delete any existing information in them when creating the task.
There are many ways that you can use tasks to manage your project and get things done -- but sometimes, you might need feedback from someone working directly or indirectly on the task. We've made it easy and simple to leave comments on project tasks so that you can always keep all that information together!
After you make a task, you can select it from the Tasks tab of your project at any time. You can leave a comment on a task as long as you are either an Assignee or a Follower.
Adding a Task Comment
Choose Project on the left-hand menu > Select the Project > Click the Task > Write a Comment in the chatbox > Click "Send"
Keela tip: You can also add files by clicking the paper icon beside the "Send Button"
Any comments and files will appear on the 'Task' page. Any files will also appear under the 'File' Page of your task.
Editing Assignees and Followers
If you need to make changes to the assignee or followers of a task, you can do this any time by clicking on the Actions icon in the Task title bar, selecting 'Edit Information', and making your adjustments.
Completing a Task
Congratulations a task is complete! Give yourself the satisfaction of checking it off your list by completing the task in Keela.
How do I complete a Task?
There are two ways to mark a task as complete in Keela:
In the project overview
- Bulk select the tasks you would like to complete
- Click the Actions button
- Mark as Completed
In the Task overview
- Select the button Mark as Completed
Note: When you mark a task complete, the status will change in the task overview and in the task itself.