There are two ways to add a contact to a Membership:
- Manually Logging the Membership in Keela
- Through a Keela Membership Form
Manually Adding a Contact to a Membership Plan
There are two ways to manually add a contact to a membership:
(1) Go to a contact's profile > navigate to the Memberships tab > click Create Subscription.
(2) Go to the Memberships tool in the sidebar > select the membership you want to add a contact to > click Create Subscription.
NOTE: If you receive a pop-up to setup receipts, you'll need to do this first.
An information pop-up will appear where you will need to enter membership information:
- Subscription Details - this will be the contact (if logging through memberships) or the membership plan (if logging through the contact).
- Contact Information - the contact purchasing the membership.
- Review and Payment - There are two options for payment.
- Online Payment - If you have Stripe or PayPal integrated to Keela, you can process the credit card payment. Note: This will charge the contact's credit card.
- Offline Payment - If payment has been processed elsewhere, or if this isn't a credit card payment (for example, cash or cheque), you can log the payment.
Viola! The membership has been added for the contact and your contact will receive an email confirming the membership as well as a receipt for their contribution.
Archived Membership Subscriptions
Want to indicate a legacy Membership Subscription? Log it in the Archives!
View and Edit a Membership Subscription
You can view the Membership Subscription details (including the unique Membership Serial ID) by going to the Membership Plan and clicking on a Contact's Subscription. You can also access this information from each Contact's Profile by heading to their Memberships tab!
Once you have the Membership Subscription details page open, you will see an option to 'Edit' which allows you to add or change details of the Subscription.
Cancelling a Subscription for a Contact
(1) Go to a contact's profile > navigate to the Memberships tab > click on the membership you want to cancel for the contact > click Cancel Subscription.
NOTE: if the subscription is canceled prior to the renewal date for the membership, the status of the membership will be changed to "Pre-Canceled". The membership will automatically be updated to "Canceled" upon the renewal or expiration date. Please note that the contact will no longer be charged after the membership subscription is "Pre-Canceled".
Now that you know how to create and manage memberships and contacts, you are definitely ready to learn how to create membership forms, time to get creative!