There are two ways to add a contact to a Membership:
- Manually Logging the Membership in Keela
- Through a Keela Membership Form
Manually Adding a Contact to a Membership Plan
There are two ways to manually add a contact to a membership:
(1) Go to a contact's profile > navigate to the Memberships tab > click Create Subscription.
(2) Go to the Memberships tool in the sidebar > select the membership you want to add a contact to > click Create Subscription.
NOTE: If you receive a pop-up to setup receipts, you'll need to do this first.
An information pop-up will appear where you will need to enter membership information:
- Membership Info - this will be the contact (if logging through memberships) or the membership plan (if logging through the contact).
- Associations - Any associations for this transaction (ex. Campaign, Impact Area, etc.).
- Receipting - Receipting options and fulfilling Member's receipt details.
- Payment - Here you can process the payment through your integrated payment processor or indicate an offline payment.
Viola! The membership has been added for the contact and your contact will receive an email confirming the membership as well as a receipt for their contribution.
Note: we have now added the ability where you can record an offline payment method for a membership that is on auto-renew!
Archived Membership Subscriptions
Want to indicate a legacy Membership Subscription? Log it in the Archives!
View and Edit a Membership Subscription
You can view the Membership Subscription details (including the unique Membership Serial ID) by going to the Membership Plan and clicking on a Contact's Subscription. You can also access this information from each Contact's Profile by heading to their Memberships tab!
Once you have the Membership Subscription details page open, you will see an option to 'Edit' which allows you to add or change details of the Subscription.
Cancelling a Subscription for a Contact
(1) Go to a contact's profile > navigate to the Memberships tab > click on the membership you want to cancel for the contact > click Cancel Subscription.
NOTE: if the subscription is canceled prior to the renewal date for the membership, the status of the membership will be changed to "Pre-Canceled". The membership will automatically be updated to "Canceled" upon the renewal or expiration date. Please note that the contact will no longer be charged after the membership subscription is "Pre-Canceled".
Now that you know how to create and manage memberships and contacts, you are definitely ready to learn how to create membership forms, time to get creative!
Payment Failure Notifications
If there is a payment failure on a membership renewal, Keela will send you a notification to let you know. If and how often Keela attempts payment will depend on your payment processor and your settings within them. Use this notification to reach out to the customer or decide on an internal protocol to manage these payment failures (ex. cancel membership after 3 x payment failures). Keela will not automatically cancel a membership subscription based on payment failures. Membership Subscriptions can only be canceled manually by a Keela user or by a Member via clicking the link within their Membership Confirmation Email.